4.1 All applicants are required to fill in the on-line registration form available at the hostel website www.ughg-du.org. A registration number will be allotted to them. The application forms, along with the Bulletin of Information, can be downloaded from the hostel website on online payment of Rs. 150/- for Unreserved (UR)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) students and Rs. 75/- for SC/ ST/ PwD students. The registration fee is non-refundable.
4.2 A hard copy of the filled-up application form, duly signed and forwarded by the Principal/ Head of respective Department/ Director – CIC, is also required to be submitted to the hostel office within 7 days of admission.
4.3 Self-attested photocopies of the following should be submitted along with the application form:
- The College admission fee receipt.
- Class XII mark-sheet/ Mark-sheet of the last qualifying examination passed.
- Permanent residence certificate of parents/ husband issued by a competent (local) authority.
- Original certificate from employer of father/ mother/ husband in service (Annexure A). In case of self-employed parents/ husband, certificate from a First Class Gazetted officer currently posted at the place of residence of the applicant (Annexure B).
- Receipt of online payment.
- Aaadhaar card of student, parents and Local Guardians.
- Students applying to the Hostel under reserved categories are also required to bring the following documents:
- Certificate of physical disability for students under PwD category.
- Caste and income certificate for students applying under OBC category (Non-creamy layer) according to criteria laid down in the University prospectus.
- Certificate from the University for admission under CW and Sports/ ECA quota.
- Candidates must submit the completed application form in the Hostel office within seven days of admission to the respective College/ Department, failing which the application is liable to be rejected.
- The lists of candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified separately on the Hostel notice board and hostel website (www.ughg-du.org).
- The tentative schedule of admission lists is:
List I (based on forms received upto July 08, 2019): July 18, 2019
List II (based on forms received upto July 18, 2019): July 25, 2019
List III (based on forms received upto July 30, 2019): August 6, 2019
Final List: To be notified, if required.
Note: The schedule is subject to change if the University revises its schedule. If the required number of seats is filled up in the first few lists, subsequent lists will not be declared. Students are advised to keep checking the hostel website for updates.
- Admission to the Hostel will be made as per merit, and in accordance with the policy laid down by the Admission Committee from time to time.
- Admission is based on various criteria such as the number of seats allotted to a college, merit, subject, and date of admission.
- Applications seeking admission to the Hostel will be finalized after an interview with the candidate, her parent/s OR one of her approved local guardians. A student under no circumstance can be a local guardian. If a candidate fails to appear for interview on the due date, no second chance will be given.
- The dates are liable to change in case of changes in the admission schedule of the University.
- No admission will normally be made in any category after the admission process to the University is over.
- Candidates accepted for admission will be required to pay the requisite fees and submit one additional passport size photograph for Identity card. If any candidate fails to pay the fees within the stipulated time as notified, her admission will be treated as cancelled and her seat will be allotted to the next in the merit list.
- All certificates are subject to verification by the concerned authority. The Hostel office will accept self-attested copies of mark-sheets provided by the applicant, if otherwise not stated.
4.7 Admission for Foreign Students
4.7.1 Applications are to be routed through the Foreign Students’ Advisor (FSA), University of Delhi.
4.7.2 Applications are to be forwarded by the respective Embassy.
4.7.3 A Medical Fitness Certificate from the National Institute of Communicable Diseases, 22 Sham Nath Marg, Delhi-110054 must be submitted.
4.8 Redressal of grievance with regard to admission
Complaints, if any, against the applicants short-listed for interview for being considered for admission to the hostel should be given in writing to the Provost within three days of display of the list. These complaints would be reviewed by the admission committee and necessary action will be taken, if deemed justified.
The Admission Committee of the Hostel will comprise the Provost, Warden, and Resident Tutor. The decision of the Hostel Admission Committee will be final.