In view of the notice issued by the Registrar of Delhi University at around 1 am today morning, all residents are required to vacate the hostel as early as possible. Many have already left for their hometowns. Kindly maintain precautions while travelling and keep yourself safe. This is an emergency health situation for the entire world and we must do whatever we can to contain the spread of the deadly disease.
While you are waiting for your return journey, please keep your hands clean by washing them often, use hand sanitizers (they are provided at various places in the hostel), do not touch your face, nose and eyes, use masks and tissues and dispose them off in the dustbins. Also sneeze and cough into your elbows. Report immediately if you show any symptoms like cold and fever by messaging the hostel authorities or housekeepers. For any fever/flu-like signs/symptoms, please call State helpline number or the 24×7 helpline number of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare at 011-23978046. Do so even if you notice these symptoms in others.
No visitors/ guests will be allowed in the hostel premises.
You will not be allowed to leave the hostel premises until it is time to leave for your train/ flight/ cab, etc.
All common areas such as Visitors’ room, TV room, gym, common rooms, study rooms, tuck shop, laundry will remain closed.
Food will be provided in the mess until tomorrow (21-03-2020). Depending on the number of students that remain, the modalities will be worked out. Please do not sit close together. Maintain a safe distance of at least 6 feet from each other.
Please keep checking the Delhi University website and ours for further details. Please do not book your return journey until the University declares that it is safe for you to return. No one will be allowed into the hostel after it is vacated until Delhi University gives a clear signal.
- The hostel will stop accepting forms after 5 pm on 31st August, 2019 and the last and final list will be put up around 7 September, 2019.
- Though it is amply clear, the college-wise distribution of seats in the table is for the TOTAL number of seats (fresh + re-admission). Please also read the footnote of the table, which clearly states that only one-thirds of the seats are available for first year. Some students are trying to misinterpret the table to mean that this is for fresh admissions only. We do not have 2000 seats to accommodate 660 students every year.
- There is no subject-wise reservation. Subject-wise reservation is only in college hostels, where there are a large number of seats to be distributed among students of the same college.
- All rules and regulations and admission procedure are written in clear and concise language at the hostel website and in the Information Bulletin. Students are advised to read it carefully, including the footnotes.
Applications are invited for two posts of housekeepers on purely contractual basis as per advertisement below. The walk-in interviews will be held 10 am onwards in the Committee Room of the Hostel on 31 August, 2019.
- Online registration will start from 28 June, 2019. Register and pay registration fees at the hostel website.
- Take a printout of the application form, write your registration number, fill up the form.
- Get your qualifying marks for admission verified and your photograph attested by the Principal of your college.
- Attach all required documents and submit to the hostel office between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm (Monday to Saturday).
- Please watch this site for all important announcements.
- The last date of receipt of forms will be notified at this website after the University notifies the date of closure of undergraduate admissions. Usually, registration closes on 31 August.
NOTICE FOR RE-ADMISSIONS
Students seeking readmission may
- Fill up the readmission form which has been activated
- Fill up the Application Form
- Attach their last marksheet.
- In case their result is not declared, they may attach the odd semester marksheet and submit an undertaking on plain paper declaring that they will submit their marksheet of II/ IV Semester within 7 days of declaration of result and fee receipt from the college within 7 days of submission of result, failing which their admission may be cancelled.
- Submit the completed Application form in the hostel office.
- Pay the fees when they receive the link. Submit the same to the hostel office.
Those whose result is not declared will be provided provisional admission until all criteria are fulfilled. ER in any subject will result in cancellation of admission.
NOTICE FOR FRESH ADMISSIONS
Congratulations on being admitted to UGHG hostel. You may now join the hostel after paying your fees.
Please show your fee receipt at the hostel office.
The Admission Form is now activated. Please fill it up online to facilitate maintaining your record.
Please also fill up the WUS application form and identity card form, available with the hostel office.
Bring all relevant documents, including photographs, as mentioned in the admission list.
You will be allotted a room by the caretaker. Satisfy yourself that it is in order. The rooms are freshly whitewashed. You are requested not to deface them, or you may have to face a penalty.
On behalf of the UGHG fraternity, I wish you all a pleasant and fruitful stay at the hostel. May all your dreams, wishes and expectations be fulfilled.
NOTICE FOR STUDENTS FROM II AND III YEAR SEEKING ADMISSION
Students from II and III year seeking fresh admission in UGHG are instructed
- To fill up the Fresh Registration form (not re-admission).
- Not to submit their form until their result is declared, or their form will be rejected.
admission list 1 2019-20