Timings of Mess and Dining Hall
- The mess and dining hall will be run on contract basis. Contract will be given to a private contractor initially for a period of one academic year. The contract may, however, be extended after reviewing the performance in consultation with the residents. In case of non-satisfactory performance, the contract will be cancelled as per the terms and conditions laid in the contract/ agreement.
- A Mess Committee consisting of the Warden/ Resident Tutor/ Housekeepers will decide the Menu and other details at the beginning of the semester.
- The residents of the Hostel are expected to extend cooperation in running the Mess through the Mess Committee.
- Food will not be served to the residents outside the dining hall. Food cannot be taken by the residents outside the dining hall without permission. In case of sickness, a resident may be allowed to have her diet in her room with prior permission of the Warden/ Resident Tutor/ Housekeepers.
- No utensils will be allowed to be taken out of the mess. In case of violation, the residents will be liable to disciplinary action by the Hostel authorities.
- A resident who desires to entertain a lady guest in the dining hall shall purchase the requisite coupon, on production of which food may be obtained for the guest.
Mess Charges for Guests per day per meal:
Breakfast Rs. 35/-
Lunch Rs. 50/-
Tea & Snacks Rs. 15/-
Dinner Rs. 50/-
These Meal Charges are liable to change from time to time.
Male guests will not be allowed for any meal in the dining hall.
Mess Timings in Hostel:
Breakfast 7.00 am to 9.00 am
Lunch – 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm
Evening tea – 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm
Dinner – 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm
(Packed lunch facility will be available to the resident/s. The request for the same is to be made during evening tea time of the previous day. A Register to this effect will be available in the dining hall.)